There are two types of presentations in the “General Presentation”:
– a. oral presentation
– b. poster presentation
In the “General Presentation” session, up to one paper per lead presenter or presenter can be presented either as an oral presentation or poster presentation. Additionally, the presenter in the “General Presentation” session can also present in the “Symposium Presentation” session.
List of symposiums in Autumn 2022 Meeting:
– Symposium 1: Map/Geographic Information System and Reginal Geography Study
(Reginal Geography Study)
– Symposium 2: Issues and Prospects in Geography Education after the Start of “Geography” as High School Subject
– Symposium 3: Research and Practice for Regional Revitalization: Touchpoint between Region-based Business School and Geography
With the introduction of Confit, postal delivery of abstracts was abolished, and all abstracts are to be submitted as PDF files through Confit.
The presenter must register with Confit himself/herself on the website. The Meeting Committee does not carry out registration on behalf of the presenter.
The accounts created for the Spring 2022 Meeting and prior meetings have been reset.
Confit account has been introduced. When creating a new Confit account, you will receive a registration code via e-mail after you register your e-mail address and password. Please enter the registration code to complete your registration. Please access Confit for more information.
After logging in to your Confit account, please proceed registration for Autumn 2022 Meeting.
Registration opens at noon (JST) on July 11, 2022 and closes at 23:59 (JST) on July 25, 2022. Anything registered before noon (JST) on July 11, 2022 will be deleted when the application opens. Please do not access Confit until noon (JST) on July 11, 2022.
The input content can be revised as many times as necessary as long as revision is carried out during the registration period.
Please register items according to the Confit screen. Information about the use of HTML tags, character reference, Greek alphabet, how to register the presentation title, and how to apply is provided on the Confit site.
The author’s name/order/affiliation, presentation title, and keywords you input on Confit should be the same as those in the abstract (the PDF file) that is produced separately, because they will be used as data of J-STAGE after the meeting. You can use bold, italic, underline, superscript, and subscript formats for the presentation title you input on Confit, however, please avoid to use them for emphasis. They can be used only for those required such as scientific name and chemical formula.
Those affiliated with universities, please abbreviate your affiliation as shown in the examples below. Other presenters, please fill in your affiliation in as simple a format as possible following the program of past Academic Meetings available in copies of the Geographical Review of Japan.
– Chiri University, Graduate School of Comprehensive Culture -> Chiri U. (the university is abbreviated to “U” and faculties and graduate schools are omitted.)
– Postgraduate student at Chiri University -> Chiri U, PG (postgraduate students are expressed as “PG,” undergraduate students as “UG,” and postdoctoral researchers “PD”)
– Part-time Lecturer, Faculty of Letters, Chiri University -> Chiri U, PT
– Emeritus Professor, Chiri University -> Chiri U, Emeritus
– Chiri University/JSPS Fellow -> JSPS PD/Chiri U, Chiri U JSPS DC (JSPS PD comes before the affiliated university and JSPS DC comes after the affiliated university)
When English is selected as the language of presentation, the entry in the program will be in English.
An abstract you input on the Confit is used to facilitate easier search and viewing on the website. The maximum number of characters is 2,000. The abstract can be the same as the PDF file, a simplified version, or a shorter one. In order to promote the internationalization of the Association, please try to provide the abstract in English as well. One-byte characters can only be used in submitting the abstract in English.
– If you are presenting in both the General Presentation session and the Symposium presentation session, you will use the same account.
– The maximum length of an abstract to be registered is one page.
– Saving does not complete registration. Please make sure to proceed to the last stage, “Submit”. Also, please check your e-mail for a notification that registration has been completed.
(1) Logging in
In order to submit an abstract, you must have a registered Confit account. If you do not have a Confit account, please register. You cannot register for a Confit account once the submission period is expired.
(2) After logging in, registration, and submission of the abstract
Please start the registration procedure after you have prepared the PDF file of your abstract.
– Up to ten affiliations can be registered.
– Information of up to ten presenters can be registered.
– Member type should be manually input.
– To delete affiliation or author, please leave everything blank and update.
– Only presenters should input their e-mail addresses.
– After a set amount of time has passed (when there is no clicking for more than 60 minutes), you will automatically be logged out. You will then have to log in again.
– Please upload the PDF file of your abstract.
(3) Confirmation of your submission
An e-mail titled “Your presentation has been registered” will be sent to you from Confit. Please check the e-mail.