The Academic Meeting of the Association of Japanese Geographers, Spring 2021, will be held online. Members who would like to present their papers at the Meeting are required to apply from January 8th to January 22nd, 2021 after consulting the details below.
Dates: From Friday, March 26th to Sunday, March 28th, 2021
(The council is scheduled to meet on Saturday, April 3rd)
Types of presentation
- There are two types of presentation: “General Presentation” and “Symposium Presentation.” Only members of the Association of Japanese Geographers can present their papers in the “General Presentation” session (in the case of multiple presenters, the lead presenters as well as the presenters must be members of the AJG). For “Symposium Presentation,” if the symposium organizer agrees, non-members can present.
- There are two types of presentations in the “General Presentation”: a. oral presentation and b. poster presentation. Both are of the same status as a presentation. In the “General Presentation” session, up to one paper per lead presenter or presenter can be presented either as an oral presentation or a poster presentation. Additionally, the presenter in the “General Presentation” session can also present in the “Symposium Presentation” session.
- “National Park” and “Disaster geography” are set as “Special sessions” in coming Spring 2021 meeting. If your research is related to them, they are some options for the presentation categories.
- There are four symposiums in Spring 2021 meeting: Symposium1: Regional studies, Symposium2: Teacher education, Symposium3: New geography education, Symposium4: Great East Japan Earthquake.
- All those wishing to present are required to apply to conduct a presentation. If the application is not completed by the deadline, it will not be accepted.
Details of presentation
- An “oral presentation” consists of 15 minutes of presentation and 4 minutes of question-and-answer. The slots for presentations will be allocated; in order to find out when you are to present, please consult with the program that will be finalized in due course. Oral presentation will be held on Zoom.
- As for the “poster presentation,” posters will be posted online. Detailed information about format, deadline, core time will be announced in additional information.
- In the “Symposium Presentation” session, before you apply, please ensure you have agreed on the symposium organizer. The length and format of the symposium is left to the discretion of the symposium organizer. The symposium organizer is asked to submit the symposium program by the deadline specified below.
- If your PDF abstract is not sent to the system before the deadline, the application will not be accepted.
- No change to the presentation title or the abstract is permitted after the application deadline.
- The applicant cannot specify the date and time of presentation.
- In the “General Presentation” session, up to one paper per lead presenter or presenter can be presented either as an oral presentation or poster presentation. However, the presenter in the “General Presentation” session can also present in the “Symposium Presentation” session.
- A new presentation registration system, Confit, was introduced from the Academic Meeting Spring 2018. With the introduction of Confit, postal delivery of abstracts was abolished, and all abstracts are to be submitted as PDF files.
- The ID (account) acquired when registering with Confit is valid for this meeting only.
How to apply to present
- All those who wish to present must apply through the conference registration system, Confit. The application opens at noon on January 8th and closes at noon, January 22nd, 2021.
- When applying, you need to register for an account and submit the abstract of your presentation on Confit.
- If you have questions about registration, please send your inquiries to https://ssl.form-mailer.jp/fms/addb534852709 between 9:00 and 17:00 during the aforementioned application period. Please note that it may take a while to respond to your query. Queries raised outside the application period will not be dealt with.
On group presentations and symposium presentations:
- The coordinator of a group presentation should send a list of presenters and their topics in the order of presentation by e-mail to the secretariat (email@example.com) by Monday January 21st.
- Those presenting at the symposium are asked to apply on Confit as in the case of General Presentation. The symposium organizer is asked to send a program containing the names of presenters and their topics, and the timing by e-mail to the secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday January 22nd. If there is any presentation without an abstract published in the proceedings, please indicate it with the program.
Please ensure that you have the following before applying:
- Bibliographical details such as the title, abstract in Japanese and English, keywords
- Presenter information, including the names and affiliations of all presenters
- An electronic file containing the abstract (PDF format < 5MB, Figures < 5MB)
Steps in application
Please follow the following steps to apply.
(1) Produce an abstract
- In producing an abstract, please refer to the “Style manual for proceedings of the Academic Meeting.” The abstract should be contained by one page. Anything exceeding the one-page limit will be discarded.
- An abstract sent to the secretariat as an attachment to an e-mail will not be accepted. Any abstract that does not follow the “Style manual for proceedings of the general meeting” will not be accepted. Abstracts cannot be substituted after the application closes, so please make sure that you are sending the right abstract before sending it.
Style manual for proceedings of the Academic Meeting
(2) Register with Confit
- In order to submit an abstract, you must have a registered account. If you do not have an account, please register for an account through the “Create an account” link. You cannot register for an account once the submission period is expired (you need to register for a new account for each Academic Meeting).
- After registration, a reference number will be e-mailed to you. Please keep it safe. For details, please follow instructions on the registration screen on Confit.
- Registration opens at noon, Friday January 8th, 2021 and closes at noon, Friday January 22nd, 2021.
- Anything registered before noon on January 8th 2021 will be deleted when the application opens. Please do not access Confit until the first day of registration (at noon on January 8th).
Click here to register with Confit
【Important】When registration is confirmed, the “Your presentation has been registered” will be sent to you by e-mail. Please ensure you that are registered.