The General Meeting of the Association of Japanese Geographers, Autumn 2020, will be held as an Online Meeting, due to worldwide health concerns from the COVID-19. If you would like to present in the Meeting, please apply by noon on Wednesday, July 15th, 2020 after consulting the details below.
Dates: From October to November, 2020 (Some sesshions may be held in December)
Types of presentation
- There are three types of presentation: (1) “Symposium Presentation,” (2) “Session Presentation”, or (3) “Poster Presentation.” Only members of the Association of Japanese Geographers can present their papers in the “Poster Presentation” session (in the case of multiple presenters, the lead presenters as well as the presenters must be members of the AJG). For “Symposium Presentation,” or “Session Presentation,” if the convener agrees, non-members can present.
- There is only one type of presentations: online poster presentation. Conventional general presentation can be registered as “Poster Presentation”. In the “Poster Presentation,” up to one paper per lead presenter can be presented as a presentation. Additionally, the presenter in the “Poster Presentation” can also present in the “Symposium Presentation” or “Session Presentation”.
- All those wishing to present are required to apply to conduct a presentation. If the application is not completed by the deadline, it will not be accepted.
- If an abstract in PDF format does not arrive by the application deadline, the application will not be accepted.
- No change to the presentation title or the abstract is permitted after the application deadline.
- The applicant cannot specify the date and time of presentation.
Please note that the following changes apply from the Academic Meeting, Spring 2018:
- A new presentation registration system, Confit, was introduced from the Academic Meeting Spring 2018. With the introduction of Confit, postal delivery of abstracts was abolished, and all abstracts are to be submitted as PDF files.
- The ID (account) acquired when registering with Confit is valid for this meeting only.
- The following changes have been made to presentation topics:
- “General Geography,” “Land use/landscape,” “Environmental system/regional environment,” “Area study/regional geography (domestic)” and “Other” have been removed.
- “The Great East Japan Earthquake” and “Kumamoto Earthquake” have been merged into “Disasters.”
- “Area Study/topography (overseas)” has been renamed “Area study overseas/regional geography.”
- “Outreach” has been added since Academic Meeting, Spring 2019.
- “Geographical education” and “Disasters of Niigata and surrounding area” in an oral presentation have been added in Academic Meeting, Autumn 2019. For more information. (in Japanese)
How to apply to present
- Please apply through the conference registration system, Confit. The application opens at noon on July 15th and closes at noon, July 31st ,2020.
- Please register for an account as well as submit the abstract on Confit.
- If you have any questions about registration, please send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org (9:00~17:00) during the aforementioned application period. Please note that it may take a while to respond to your query. Queries raised outside the application period will not be dealt with.
On group presentations and symposium presentations:
- The coordinator of a group presentation should send a list of presenters and their topics in the order of presentation by e-mail to the secretariat (email@example.com) by Friday July 31st.
- Those presenting at the symposium are asked to apply on Confit as in the case of General Presentation. The symposium organizer is asked to send a program containing the names of presenters and their topics, and the timing by e-mail to the secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday July 31st.
- If there is any presentation without an abstract published in the proceedings, please indicate it with the program.
Please ensure that you have the following before applying:
- Bibliographical details such as the title, abstract in Japanese and English, keywords
- Presenter information, including the names and affiliations of all presenters
- An electronic file containing the abstract (PDF format < 5MB, Figures < 5MB)
Steps in application
Please follow the following steps to apply.
(1) Produce an abstract
- In producing an abstract, please refer to the “Style manual for proceedings of the Academic Meeting.” The abstract should be contained by one page. Anything exceeding the one-page limit will be discarded.
- In this meeting, we will try to distribute abstracts in a PDF file for whom subscribe before. In the PDF abstracts, figures will be printed in colors. (Figures will be printed as usual black and white in paper book format abstracts.)
- Please do not use unusual special fonts in your PDF abstracts file.
- An abstract sent to the secretariat as an attachment to an e-mail will not be accepted. Any abstract that does not follow the “Style manual for proceedings of the general meeting” will not be accepted. Abstracts cannot be substituted after the application closes, so please make sure that you are sending the right abstract before sending it.
Style manual for proceedings of the Academic Meeting
(2) Register with Confit
- In order to submit an abstract, you must have a registered account. If you do not have an account, please register for an account through the “Create an account” link. You cannot register for an account once the submission period is expired (you need to register for a new account for each Academic Meeting).
- After registration, a reference number will be e-mailed to you. Please keep it safe. For details, please follow instructions on the registration screen on Confit.
- Registration opens at noon, Wednesday July 15th, 2020 and closes at noon,Friday July 31st, 2019.
- Anything registered before noon on July 15th, 2020 will be deleted when the application opens. Please do not access Confit until the first day of registration (at noon on July 15th).
Click here to register with Confit
【Important】When registration is confirmed, the “Your presentation has been registered” will be sent to you by e-mail. Please ensure that you are registered.