The General Meeting of the Association of Japanese Geographers, Spring 2023, will be held as follows.
Dates: From Saturday, March 25 to Monday, March 27, 2023
Venue: Tokyo Metropolitan University (Minami-Osawa Campus)
* Details will be announced on the website.
Members who would like to present their papers at the Meeting are required to apply from noon (JST) on January 6, 2023 to 23:59 (JST) on January 20, 2023 after consulting the details below.
1. Types of presentation
There are two types of presentation: “General Presentation” and “Symposium Presentation”. Only members of the Association of Japanese Geographers can present their papers in the “General Presentation” session (in the case of multiple presenters, the lead presenters as well as the presenters must be members of the AJG). For “Symposium Presentation,” if the symposium organizer agrees, non-members can present.
There are two types of presentations in the “General Presentation”:
– a. oral presentation
– b. poster presentation
Both are of the same status as a presentation.
In the “General Presentation” session, up to one paper per lead presenter or presenter can be presented either as an oral presentation (including in special sessions) or a poster presentation. Additionally, the presenter in the “General Presentation” session can also present in the “Symposium Presentation” session.
List of symposiums
– Symposium 1: New directions of Regional geography learning in primary and secondary schools
– Symposium 2: Great Kanto Earthquake
– Symposium 3: Natural disasters on volcanic islands: cases and countermeasures on the Izu Islands
– Symposium 4: The generalization of Geographic Information Science on school education and lifelong learning
– Symposium 5: Physical geography in cryosphere: Its advances and future prospects
All those wishing to present are required to apply to conduct a presentation. If the application is not completed by the deadline, it will not be accepted.
2. Details of presentation
An “oral presentation” consists of 15 minutes of presentation and 4 minutes of question-and-answer. The slots for presentations will be allocated; in order to find out when you are to present, please consult with the program that will be finalized in due course.
As for the “poster presentation,” detailed information (poster size, presentation method, and so on) will be announced on the website.
In the “Symposium Presentation” session, before you apply, please ensure you have agreed on the symposium organizer. The length and format of the symposium is left to the discretion of the symposium organizer. The symposium organizer is asked to submit the symposium program by the deadline specified below.
– If your PDF abstract is not sent to the system before the deadline, the application will not be accepted.
– No change to the presentation title or the abstract is permitted after the application deadline.
– The applicant cannot specify the date and time of presentation.
– With the introduction of Confit, postal delivery of abstracts was abolished, and all abstracts are to be submitted as PDF files through Confit.
– Confit account has been introduced since Autumn 2022 Meeting. After logging in to your Confit account, please proceed registration for Spring 2023 Meeting.
– If you created a Confit account at Autumn 2022 Meeting, you can use that account.
– When creating a new Confit account, you will receive a registration code via e-mail after you register your e-mail address and password. Please enter the registration code to complete your registration. Please access Confit for more information.
– The accounts created for Spring 2022 Meeting and prior meetings have been reset.
– Your member ID is required when you apply for a presentation. The ID is found on the mailing label of “Geographical review of Japan series A”.
3. How to apply to present
All those who wish to present must apply through the conference registration system, Confit. The application opens at noon (JST) on January 6, 2023, and closes at 23:59 (JST) on January 20, 2023.
When applying, you need to register your presentation information and submit the abstract of your presentation on Confit.
If you have questions about registration, please send your inquiries from Inquiry Form between 9:00 and 17:00 (JST) during the aforementioned application period. Please note that it may take a while to respond to your query. Queries raised outside the application period will not be dealt with.
Group presentations and symposium presentations:
The coordinator of a group presentation should send a list of presenters and their topics in the order of presentation by e-mail to the secretariat (email@example.com) by January 20, 2023.
Those presenting at the symposium are asked to apply on Confit as in the case of General Presentation. The symposium organizer is asked to send a program containing the names of presenters and their topics, and the timing by e-mail to the secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 20, 2023. If there is any presentation without an abstract published in the proceedings, please indicate it with the program.
Please ensure that you have the following before applying:
– Bibliographical details such as the title, keywords, and abstract
– Presenter information, including the names and affiliations of all presenters
– An electronic file containing the abstract (PDF format < 5MB, Figures < 5MB)
4. Steps in application
Please follow the following steps to apply.
(1) Produce an abstract
In producing an abstract, please refer to the “Style manual for proceedings of the general meeting”. The abstract should be contained by one page. Anything exceeding the one-page limit will be discarded.
An abstract sent to the secretariat as an attachment to an e-mail will not be accepted. Any abstract that does not follow the “Style manual for proceedings of the general meeting” will not be accepted. Abstracts cannot be substituted after the application closes, so please make sure that you are sending the right abstract before sending it.
(2) Register with Confit
In order to submit an abstract, you must have a registered account. If you do not have an account, please register for an account. You cannot register for an account once the submission period is expired.
After registration, a reference number will be e-mailed to you. Please keep it safe. For details, please follow instructions on the registration screen on Confit.
Registration opens at noon (JST) on January 6, 2023, and closes at 23:59 (JST) on January 20, 2023. Anything registered before noon (JST) on January 6, 2023 will be deleted when the application opens. Please do not access Confit until noon (JST) on January 6, 2023.
For further information, please read Notice for Registering with Confit.